Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Secure sign in area within a web site possible in XARA?

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks to all who replied to this question. I appreciate it.
    Yes, usually when one wants a protected area or site they also usually want individual logins & passwords.
    This also seems to be XARA specific and the site I'm building will probably not be on XARA.
    The site that I personally know of has this. I'll try and talk to that webmaster about how he did it.
    IF I do get something up and running I will re-post and let you all know about it.

Do have a look at Website Access Manager which I think can do what you want http://www.coffeecup.com/website-access-manager/

Is the coffeecup solution the only one that can handle users using different usernames and passwords? I downloaded the coffeecup software, it does what I want but there is no connection between the user and his/her password. The admin would have to the middle man. I've struck out on a server side program or a service. I don't mind pay the $40 but I was hoping for a few choices.

I spent the day searching for a cloud service but only found gym membership style services. Didn't help that I didn't know the keywords for the search. Any ideas?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Sabot

I am sure there are others but most are pretty bare bones. If you need something more sophisticated you might have to hire a programmer.

This might be of use http://www.mtopsoft.com/htmllock/xarawebdesigner.htm

Here's another idea.

Included free with Web Designer Premium 365 and Designer Pro X 365 is xara.hosting. Xara hosting lets you password protect a page, series of pages, or an entire site.

I suggest you publish just your password protected documents to xara.hosting (this is one of the three publishing options in website properties > publish). From your main website, link to these pages using the actual physical address (myaccount.xara.hosting/document_name)

These documents can have the same look and feel as your website including the buttons, but give the nav buttons the actual url for your website (e.g. mydomain.com/index.html etc)

I believe individual / unique username & password are required Gary. I don't know if Xara hosting covers this. However if your web host uses cpanel then I think this allows for individual username & passwords.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Installed http://www.poppydog.com/prod/reg.jsp this morning and it works. It's free unless you need advance features. Thank you guys!

Yes, that looks good
    Egg

Hi

I have a website hosted on xara.hosting and have had a couple of reports from people using Apple equipment that they can't get past the password stage. Works with Windows and Android.

Is this a known proglem?

Ian