Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Secure sign in area within a web site possible in XARA?

I know some sites you have to login to access content, BUT, can that also be just an area within a Web Site to where only Members can LogIn to see content closed off from the general public?

IF SO, how do I set up a page where I can do the login process and then be taken to the protected pages?

Totally unsure how to go about this process.

grasshopper

Default Re: Secure sign in area within a web site possible in XARA?

Hi there,
    I'm not able to search through my saved files just now but I know I asked the same thing. There doesn't seem to be a built in way of doing it through Xara (Incomedia has one and I'd love Xara to take this on board). There does seem to be ways around it, they don't seem difficult although I've not managed to try it out.
    I'll post the link when I find it.
    Yours,
    Robert

xara.hosting which comes free with series 365 products offers a simple way to password protect a page, pages or entire website.

Once you publish your site, you select the page or pages in the Control Center and then select Password Protection. Assign a password and that's it.

I am not sure if you can transfer a domain to xara.hosting or if you have to use the xara.hosting extension. And there is also a free year of M Hosting with series 365 products. Not sure if M Hosting offers password protection. I'll try to find out. Check back tomorrow.

OK. According to Xara, M Hosting is hosting only with no additional capability to password protect.

Magix can transfer a domain to Xara-online using the forms on our website: https://www.xara-online.com/gb/switch-hosting-services.61.html?l=en_US_magix.
    M Hosting is literally just storage space on the Magix servers, nothing really else.

You can password protect a website on Xara-Online, simply click on password protect when you go to publish to Xara-Online:
    Magix can transfer a domain to Xara-online using the forms on our website: https://www.xara-online.com/gb/switch-hosting-services.61.html?l=en_US_magix.
    M Hosting is literally just storage space on the Magix servers, nothing really else.

You can password protect a website on Xara-Online, simply click on password protect when you go to publish to Xara-Online:

You do seem able to password a directory with Xara Hosting. You don't seem able to create individual users & individual passwords however, just one password fits all. Here's a mumbling bumbling attempt to show how to do it.

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You don't seem able to create individual users & individual passwords however, just one password fits all.
    Go to http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/password

Then try the pages then go to members only password ixnay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	password.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	113772  

Yes, but no individual usernames
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Grasshopper did not say anything about usernames. Just a members only page or section.

BUT, can that also be just an area within a Web Site to where only Members can LogIn to see content closed off from the general public?
    But yes, my friend, to my knowledge there is no way to have individual passwords or usernames. CoffeeCup software Website Access Manager (I think that is the name of the product) can do this I am pretty sure. But it is not easy as I recall.

Grasshopper did not say anything about usernames. Just a members only page or section.
    Sorry, correct Gary, but the problem with just having a password to a page is that each time you want to remove a user from the password protected site, under Xara hosting method it requires a change of password & emailing the remaining members of the new one. I was just pointing out the Xara Hosting limitation
    Egg

Fair enough. But I will defer and let you have the last word.