Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ugliest font ever?

I know this type of brush font is very popular at the moment, but Meltow has to be the ugliest font in the world, possibly even the universe.
    Why would anyone fork out €81.99 for this garbage?
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meltow.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	113313  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Ugliest font ever?

I have even stopped downloading the free and overly ubiquitous brush fonts. They all run together in appearance. I get offers (like most everyone) from 2-3 sources a week for free fonts and it seems they are almost all brush fonts these days.

Although, I just got an offer of one of Emily Spadoni's freebie fonts and I liked it enough to download it:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/4015...ee-Script-Font

But to pay for any of these, even though the one you link to has what, 25 fonts? Don't know if they are variations on the theme as I hadn't bothered to go look at it.

Mike

I download the Smoothie Shoppe font and used it in Affinity (Blue Version) and XDP (Grey Version).
    Obviously, no ligature option in the grey one, and I would have to fiddle with XDP's Text Tools to make it look halfway decent.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	113318  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Yeah. XDP is till lacking in OT features. Year after year I await the inclusion. But hey, they gave us OT kerning this go round...

When I really want to do a whole design in XDP that makes use of OT Features, I jump through the hoop of using something that does make use of OT Features (like about anything and everything else...) and export as curves. Hate it when I need to alter the wording, though. Plus having the two saved files thing is getting old.

It is a nice font. I have several of Emily's fonts. And free is really nice this time around!

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I know this type of brush font is very popular at the moment, but Meltow has to be the ugliest font in the world, possibly even the universe.
    Bob.
    I have to agree ... even free - possibly even if they offered to pay me - I wouldn't bother downloading that font.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Bob.
    I sure wouldn't.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.