Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi there retro!

I like you design a lot! It would look great on a shirt.

How about an ever so slightly different layout, as in this quick mock-up. I agree with Ross about the bubbles, and the shadow. I find the shadow does take away a bit from the design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shirley.gif 
Views:	316 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	2219  

Hi Risto! Thanks so much for your input. Yeah yours looks so much better... I think I can learn a lot from you.

Could you tell me how you go about working with the different line widths?

I hope someday I'll get to have your vision.

Thanks for your input!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ya we can all learn much from our buddy Risto! Very nice version of Retro's concept Mr. Risto.

What I really need to learn is how to take more care with my alcoholic beverages. I opened up this thread and then accedentally spilled my beer all over my keyboard! (It is the cocktail hour here in the land of lawn tractors). Just like Retro's design - I'm seeing stars (now that the obscenities have subsided).

Regards, Ross

Thanks guys.

Yeah, it's Happy Hour here also, Ross. I just got back from the pool with the kids - it's time for a Dab.

Retro, there are no lines in my version. The black outlines are shapes, there are just other shapes sitting ontop of them.

The boxes with the lettering were created by slicing out the coloured parts, so they could be offset behind the "line."

However, I'm not sure if my look of the outlines are the way to go... Experiment! A bit fatter line from what you used originally, might look better (and more retro.)

In the line gallery - try the "Miter join" instead of the "Beveled join" and you will see that your graphic will look a bit crisper.

Glad I could help.

Ok Risto, thanks so much. I've only been using Xara for one day so I'm still a little lost.

Thanks for your words of encouragement you've made me feel a lot better.

I hope you're around if I need any help. You're awesome.

I have a question though. What's the difference between the miter join and the bevel join? I just applied the change and I see no difference. I'm probably doing it wrong though...

Could you give me a little bit more insight on the subject?

Thanks again!

Never mind.. I just got it. The thing was that the lines were so thin that I couldn't tell the difference.

Here is the latest version. I'm sure it will change in the future.. I'll keep you posted.

I incorporated some of Risto's ideas. I hope you don't mind.

What do you think about the outlines of the bubbles that are on the pink? Should I lose them? Should I make all the lines even thicker? I'm open to more suggestions.

Thanks so much for all of your input! I'm looking forward to many more postings!

Name:	ShirleyTemple2.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	6709  

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Retro,

From what little I know of T-shirt design, I think every color is applied separately, each requiring it's own mask. So far I count 9 separate colors. There are 7 colors just in the glass. See pretty picture...

Name:	2upload.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	8961  
    John/DOT

John, thanks so much for your input, I'll keep that in mind for future designs.

For now, this is just going to be a homemade thing. I'll print it out and transfer it on.

If it were a real t-shirt design I guess my best bet would be to go with Risto's approach.

Thanks again John.