Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't get Push set up correctly on page

I've set up a website using a Xara design gallery template, and so far it's gone fairly well. The problem I'm having is there aren't any tutorials on how to modify the templates if you need to. The entire design template I'm using was set up for 2 columns of text on every page, which is fine for my site except for one page that needs to be one column. After some help from some of the moderators here, I figured out how to change the one page from 2 columns into one.

When I enter my text into that one column and set the push parameters, it's moving my entire block of text further down the page. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've tried various other numbers in the push selection box, but it still pushes the text down the page a bit. I am so close to finishing this whole website if I can just figure this last part out.

I'm attaching a photo of the news2016 page so you can see what I would like the page to look like (minus the 2 columns). Then I'm attaching a copy of the sugarcreek page where you can see what the text is actually doing when I apply the Push attribute (pushing it farther down below the title). I am using the Push parameters from the other pages of the template, which are: Push margins: top 0px, bottom 180px, extend side 0 px (picture attached). I couldn't figure out a way to attach individual pages--not sure if that's possible.

Those numbers, or where I'm placing this text column on the page, must be the problem. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you for any assistance; it's very appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	news2016.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	113111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sugarcreek.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	113112  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	push.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	113113  

Default Re: Can't get Push set up correctly on page

Hi again BE58, from your post I believe you're using the header section of the main text field in image 2 to push the text below it that reads " As told by group founder..." and you're getting a large gap. This is because the push is set to 180px. Set it to 5px.

However this is just a hunch as I don't know what template you're using and haven't got access to your web files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks EB--again! I thought initially that I might have selected the header section as well for push, but I'm actually selecting the text column. I tried the 5px before I added this thread--but I tried it again after your recommendation. It's still moving that area down further on the page. Is it permissible and/or is there a way for me to upload the web files so you can see them? I see that Xara doesn't separate the site by pages, just by one .web file, but I would be glad to upload if it's ok (advisable?) to do so.

You moderators who take your time to help struggling web designers like myself are saints--truly. I wouldn't have gotten this far without several of you helping me, and my group is breathing down my back to get this site done. I certainly appreciate your assistance!

Hi BE58,

Is it permissible and/or is there a way for me to upload the web files so you can see them?
    Best way is to select the page you're having issues with. In the Page & Layer Gallery, right click and select Copy Page.

Open a new webpage document and within the P&L Gallert select Paste Page. Save it and use this file to attach to TG,

You can attach .web & .xar files just as you do image files.

I'm signing off very shortly so you'll need to be quick
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry--just saw your message! Hope I'm getting these to you in time--if not, please let me know next time you log in. THANK you so much!!

P.S. I've uploaded the original sugarcreek.web file I'm having problems with, then a news2016 page from the template so you can see how that page is set up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try this. After changing the Push value, move the main content up to take effect.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

My apologies for taking so long to get back with you--but, I think that's got it Egg!! I took me some playing around with what you were telling me to do, but I think I finally figured it out. Thanks so very, very much to you and every other moderator who takes their time out to answer our questions! I am indebted and much appreciative!!

P.S. I just wanted to make sure how thankful I am to have you help me like you did. It seems like I have it figured out now, and you really have no idea how grateful I am. THANK YOU!!

Always pleased to know I helped
    Egg