65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

64 98.46%
  • No

1 1.54%
  • Huh?

0 0%

Per Tad Bridenthal:

Should we start a new Xara TIPS & TRICKS Forum?

There are a lot of really cool new techniques being discovered everyday that deserve their own Conference.

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Per Tad Bridenthal:

Should we start a new Xara TIPS & TRICKS Forum?

There are a lot of really cool new techniques being discovered everyday that deserve their own Conference.

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

I think it's a splendid idea, and I pledge to contribute some tips & tricks myself.

I would also suggest a new Problems & Solutions forum, with a very clear, tree-like structure for finding relevant information! Too often, I see new people asking about old problems which have already been dealt with months ago. It's frustrating to both those who ask and those who answer that such important inforamation just gets buried - somewhere.

Although, come to think of it, such a Problems & Solutions page should really be PROMINENTLY featured on Xara Ltd's site! Why don't they have this?

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

What a great idea Gary!

I for one am in favour of it and if there is any way I can of any help please don't hesitate to ask.

Reji

The Wheel "Tricky" Brat

----
    /|================================================= |\
    The O CONSULTANT | Reji Martin,
    Wheel /- TO THE | reji@isn.net
    Brat ( )\_ STAIRS! | PEI, Canada
    \|================================================ =|/
    ----Checkout my carvings @
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...34527&a=216030
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

Gary - good move, its got to be done. And Klaus - you are right on. Probs & solutions should really be in Xara's domain. Xara ideas, tips and solutions definately need more room to roam, and as the user base increases, as it no doubt will, then we are going to be in the position of having many more people ask the same ol' questions. I know I've done it myself once. So, a well organised FAQ page would be in order. The more people get to know the full cabablities of this excellent program, the more the word will spread, and hopefully Xara won't remain a marginal product. Wouldn't we all like to see Adobe and Corel get their corporate ass kicked?

Very good idea!

I definitely would be a reader, not an actual contributor so I hope you don't mind me making this point. I like seeing all these tips and tricks but why do they all appear as bitmaps that take an age to download?

I thought xara ltd. had a lot to do with these forums ? So why can't we have nice compact '.WEB' file attachments ?

Jon

I agree on accumulating the wisdom.

Although it's not beautiful, I like using Joust; it's a reliable JavaScript-type menu. More information from www.ivanpeters.com - or you can see it in action at my London House site.

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Actually Gary, you're forcing us to jump the gun a bit on this, but I may as well tell you. Yes, we are planning on adding a tips and tricks section to the talkgraphics.com site. Probably not so much a forum-like structure as a repository of information....a bit like a simplified xaraxone tutorial area. We are sorting out the space for it now.

We also plan to open up an exchange area where members can swap brushes, color swatches, textures, anything they can think of, etc.

For the problems/solutions FAQ, Xara is currently looking into setting up some sort of structure at xara.com.

Please bear with us on these as we are somewhat shorthanded and quite a few other projects are on the books right now.