Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Newbie to Xara3D, running it on a Mac with Virtual PC. When I attempt to load a .xar or .web file using the Import File dialog the import fails with a warning dialog popping up which just tells me that the import failed and the file path. The .wmf files load just fine, in fact I've created a number of .wmf files in Illustrator and they work wonderfully well. For example, none of the files in Xara3D5 > Samples > 2D Shapes > Objects will load at all. Would anyone have any idea why this might happen?

BTW, thanks all for your help on my first post below. It stimulated my desire to learn the application.

Cheers!
    Welles

Newbie to Xara3D, running it on a Mac with Virtual PC. When I attempt to load a .xar or .web file using the Import File dialog the import fails with a warning dialog popping up which just tells me that the import failed and the file path. The .wmf files load just fine, in fact I've created a number of .wmf files in Illustrator and they work wonderfully well. For example, none of the files in Xara3D5 > Samples > 2D Shapes > Objects will load at all. Would anyone have any idea why this might happen?

BTW, thanks all for your help on my first post below. It stimulated my desire to learn the application.

Cheers!
    Welles

Hi Welles,

There is a plugin that enables the import of .xar and .web files. You can find it at Xara3D Plugin. The plugin is said to be already installed with the CD version of Xara3D, however I haven't found that to be the case with Xara3D4 or Xara3D5.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you very much, Bill. I did receive the Xara3D5 CD but that plugin didn't install automatically, if it's on there. I didn't know to look.

Cheers!
    Welles