Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu with images

I am trying to create a nav bar using images instead of the standard shape and text. I would like it to work as it does on www.newtongov.org. I have scoured the internet and have not found a method that works. Can anyone provide info on how that would be created? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Default Re: Menu with images

Quote Originally Posted by mecrowe View Post
    I am trying to create a nav bar using images instead of the standard shape and text. I would like it to work as it does on www.newtongov.org. I have scoured the internet and have not found a method that works. Can anyone provide info on how that would be created? Thanks in advance!
    Mike
    There are two ways I can think of.

ONE
    Use the Xara horizontal NavBar and in the sub-menu set the vertical offset to 200 (px).
    Place a picture under each menu item on the MouseOff Layer.
    Place a pop-up shape on the MouseOver layer behind the NavBar.

The downside is with a slow moving mouse, a user won't reach the sub-menus in time.

TWO
    The "proper" way is to have a button and a picture grouped on the MouseOff Layer.
    Then place the "mouseover" button over the MouseOff button, together with your sub-menu shapes on a new layer (not the MouseOver Layer).
    Then Link > Pop-up layer for the MouseOff button and image.
    Do this for each button to a different pop-up layer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. I will give these a shot.

Acorn,

Do you know of any videos that may show this step by step? I am new at this adding layers stuff and am struggling to follow the steps you have laid out in the "proper way".

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mecrowe View Post
    Acorn,
    Do you know of any videos that may show this step by step? I am new at this adding layers stuff and am struggling to follow the steps you have laid out in the "proper way".
    Thanks, Mike
    Try this, you need to look at the Layers, the Links and the Web Animations: http://acorn.xara.hosting/Picture%20Menu/
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

As well as Acorns suggestions you may wish to try this:

And attached the finished product.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Perfect. Acorns response was helpful, but this video put it all together! Thanks a bunch!