Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Audio with xara slideshow widget?

I haven't seen any way to link an audio file to a photo slideshow widget, but maybe I missed it. I would suggest creating the slideshow in a video editing program like Magix Movie Edit Pro and include the music, create an mp4 file and insert it into a page. As usual, autoplay should be off.

John

Hi again, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my question, but I was wondering if the Xara slideshow widget included an option to add/link sound (eg background music) to the slideshow, perhaps in a similar way as some other software such as Flash Slideshow Maker Professional, at: http://www.flash-slideshow-maker.com/pro.html . In that program you can add/link a sound file, with or without auto-play, to any sideshow created in that program. However, I prefer the Xara widget slideshow (it is easier for me to use & edit and also doesn't have any advertising etc). But it seems that the Xara widget doesn't have the option to include audio. Thanks for your interest, Rikko

Hi Rikko - No you cannot do this in Xara. And a Flash slideshow is no longer an option as support for Flash is rapidly disappearing. So you need to find a non flash slideshow that supports audio and which you can being into Xara via a placeholder.

I would start with a Google search for non-Flash slideshow with audio capability. And if they have a trial version see if it will work with Xara before you buy.

Thanks Gary, I'll do some more searching as you suggest

Let us know if you find anything that works. I am sure there are other members who could benefit from the knowledge.