Kate, I understand both Xara's and Adobe's schemes rather well.

But you are glossing over the point. If I pay for XDP (in my case) when it arrives, I get all the benefits of the updates to features and content over the next 365 days. If I choose not to renew, then those features and content that were updated during the 365 days are still available in the perpetually licensed copy.

Until a hard drive crash. Or, until I decide to buy a new computer. Then the copy reverts to the base installation.

This seems to be neither ethical nor legal. If I paid for all the features or content released throught the 365 days of my subscription, that is exactly what I expect to have should I buy a new computer and move my license to that computer.

You keep comparing it to a new version under the =<X11 model. But it is not. For instance, will there be fixes during the 365 day period that are also installed during updates to features/content? Should I then not subscribe, move to a new computer and the application reverts to the base version, what happens to bug fix updates?

This new scheme seems to be a morphodite of various subscription schemes that has not been well thought out if the above is true. Pretty much just like Xara/Magix copy-protection scheme.

And the name is Mike, Kate.

Take care, Mike