Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default All my web design projects are gone ???

Hello, i had a problem with my pc so all my data is gone, is there anyway that web designer pro makes a cloud backup ? I'm using the steam version.

Default Re: All my web design projects are gone ???

If your disc drive is unrecoverable, you are out of luck.

It's a tough lesson to learn.

You will need to re-create the projects. You can import the assets from the website, but you'll need to start almost from scratch.

Been there done that learned my lesson. Having to start over is no fun.

I now have copies on my hard drive and on USB thumb drives of all my websites. I update and save both as I go along.

Hello everyone I am new to the forum.

I am sorry to hear you have lost work, that has happened to me before and it is the most dreadful feeling. Moving forward, you may want to use something like GitHub. Not only does it provide cloud storage for your code, but also version control. That is a huge help if you ever collaborate with others. All the best to you recovering your work.

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat23 View Post
    Hello everyone I am new to the forum.
    @thriplethreat23: welcome to TalkGraphics. I am sorry to hear you have lost work, that has happened to me before and it is the most dreadful feeling. Moving forward, you may want to use something like GitHub. Not only does it provide cloud storage for your code, but also version control. That is a huge help if you ever collaborate with others. All the best to you recovering your work.
    A useful suggestion but GitHub has a cost: Public projects are always free. Private plans start at $7/month. For many different reasons, I use DropBox, free and private, and a private cloud solution, at cost.
    DropBox is simple and will clone projects across different PCs and laptops seamlessly so if you are mobile or lose a device, you don't have the delay of downloading before you are up and running.

@eraycetin: I take it there is no life at all your PC? This does not means the Hard disk is dead or trashed. Even with that, there are recovery services that could get your data back.
    Xara backups are to a local folder so unless you set that folder to another Hard Disk, you may be stymied.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Last year my Son's laptop hard drive died. Much to my surprise a local company was able to recover almost all of the disk at a very reasonable price on a no fix no fee basis.

Some people save their Xara files on the webhost - a great idea.

Try what pauland suggested. I had a broken hard disc once that suddenly was accessible again after some moths. Maybe a hardware expert can save your day.

.... I had a broken hard disc once that suddenly was accessible again after some moths.
    Sorry, completely OT, but it hit a funny bone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moths-harddrive.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	112206  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host