Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile web site previewing as main website width?

Hi, I have encountered a problem previewing the mobile pages of a website I am working on in Web Designer 11. When I preview the mobile site, either by page or site it previews as full screen. I am new user to Xara, I do not think I have changed any settings but it used to preview ok - showing mobile appearance & fullwidth. I have tried previewing sites from the Design Gallery and I have the same issue. Your help appreciated.

Oldies Rule

Default Re: Mobile web site previewing as main website width?

Have you tried changing the browser width during preview?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Oldies Rule

I am not sure if this is your problem but when you create a variant site, the page size is accurate but you need to resize the content to fit the new page width. This does not happen automatically. Xara lets you tailor the content for the new size, for example, make the text size larger to read on a mobile device and simplify the page content. So a variant is not just a smaller version of the main site.

And as Paul points out, if you have done all this and want to preview the variant then you need to physically reduce the width of the browser until it matches the variant width to see the variant.

Cheers for that advice. Works fine