Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Getting an upgrade

I sent an email to Xara sales asking them for an upgrade price to a very old version of Web Designer I own.

They wrote back saying they never heard of me. I did purchase version 5 or 6 (unsure which) way back when.

Do they not keep records that far back? I gave them the ONLY two email addresses I've used for over 20 years, but they still say they can't find me.

Advice??

Boobear

Default Re: Getting an upgrade

Boobear, don't you have the Licence Number?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The first version of WebDesigner I bought was back in 2009 and I still have the old confirmation mail. Do you have something like that? It contains the serial and an order number.

Thanks to you both...... I DID have all that on my HD, but a crash caused me to lose it all.

Just looked at the upgrade prices at this page: http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/buy/
    Looks like you could only upgrade to the WD premium from that old version anyway. The upgrade price would be $74.99. That would save you $25.
    Maybe the better option is to buy the standard version for $49.99.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    Just looked at the upgrade prices at this page: http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/buy/
    Looks like you could only upgrade to the WD premium from that old version anyway. The upgrade price would be $74.99. That would save you $25.
    Maybe the better option is to buy the standard version for $49.99.
    Thanks for that info

Have you already purchased something? I asked support if you might use my serial for WD 11 Premium (which is unused since Designer Pro 11 was released) and they confirmed it.
    So if you are interested give me an email address (maybe post here in catcha style?) and I can send you the serial number and registration info.
    Please note that the software will still be registered to me and you will not be able to upgrade to V12 when released.