Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I posted this problem earlier in one of the Bug lists, but got no response.
    I just finished printing a large formatt (16 x 22) illustration on an Epson 1520 at 1440dpi. The illustration has several "wall shadows" created using the shadow tool in "X". They look beautiful on the screen, but when printed there is a rectangle around each shadow that is lighter than the rest of the background. Its like I cut out paper shadow patches in squares and glued them onto the illustration. Only did not get the background color right. This is a real show stopper as far as my using this handy tool. Is Xara aware of this problem? Can it be addressed?? Has anyone else seen this?
    John

Hi,
    I posted this problem earlier in one of the Bug lists, but got no response.
    I just finished printing a large formatt (16 x 22) illustration on an Epson 1520 at 1440dpi. The illustration has several "wall shadows" created using the shadow tool in "X". They look beautiful on the screen, but when printed there is a rectangle around each shadow that is lighter than the rest of the background. Its like I cut out paper shadow patches in squares and glued them onto the illustration. Only did not get the background color right. This is a real show stopper as far as my using this handy tool. Is Xara aware of this problem? Can it be addressed?? Has anyone else seen this?
    John

In Corel Draw when you create a shadow over white there is no problem at all, when over a color you must select "vivid" under "advanced settings" on your printer. When all else fails or you go to film output you have to convert the shadow with the background to one bitmap.

Hope this helps - I am just getting interested in Xara so I don't know what works for sure but this is a regular problem with Corel and I am hoping that Xara is better in this area

Gary Allred
    www.theoriginalorg.com
    gary@theoriginalorg.com

We are looking at this problem, we do not have a fix as yet.

Mark Goodall
    xara Ltd