Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Upload DVD

Default Upload DVD

Is there a way to upload the content of a dvd? This could be up to an hour long. Im not sure what the file format may be yet, but Im supposing file conversion may be required.

Default Re: Upload DVD

This is not something I have tried but I would think that MP3 is a common file format.

Hi Gary, does MP3 support video though, or only audio? MP4 maybe?
    Im wondering if the length of the video may be an issue? and how to convert such a file?
    Thanks

To convert and then upload a file such as this is a big task, my we ask what the purpose is, if it's simply to make the video on the dvd available to view on the site then I would suggest uploading it to youtube, that way you are not impacting on your hosting bandwidth. If you don't want the world and it's brother watching the video you can make the video private on youtube (I would suggest making the video 'unlisted' and that way it is not available to view by anyone unless they have it's full url and will not appear on searches.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

You could convert to .mp4, upload using Filezilla, and use a link to watch.
    Depends on your bandwidth, though.
    I've done short videos this way, vacations, etc.

Is there a real DVD involved here, or by DVD do you mean a video file (like an MP4) rather than a DVD you could watch on television?

If it's a "real" DVD it's not so straightforward (a DVD is more than a few video files).