Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Pop-up Layer

Default Pop-up Layer

Hello there

I want to make a mouse-over pop-up page but I also want to dim the background like lightbox effect. I couldn't find any option for that unfortunately. Is it possible or am I missing something?
    Please take a look at this:

illustratemyideas.com

Thanks

Default Re: Pop-up Layer

Welcome to TalkGraphics

There might be a script to dim the page when creating a custom pop up layer and maybe one of the members can suggest one.

If you use the Image > Pop Up options, then you can select dim background and add shadow (see attached).

If you use this method, start with your image at full size, then reduce it to the thumbnail size and set the Photo Width to the full size you want the pop up to be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popup.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	111536  

Thanks for your response,
    I wish Xara had the dimming option for pop up layers as well. Xara is a very powerful software but I wonder why it doesn't have that option.
    Anyway, I might try flash to create something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Parseh View Post
    Thanks for your response,
    I wish Xara had the dimming option for pop up layers as well. Xara is a very powerful software but I wonder why it doesn't have that option.
    Anyway, I might try flash to create something like that.
    Parseh, it is very simple - place a partially transparent box over the page area as your base object on the pop-up layer.
    Xara is better than a Lightbox effect as you can have it any density colour, fill, extent, fade-in, ...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,
    I had tried that idea before but it didn't work. The problem is if I draw a large box on the layer, Xara mistakenly puts the X mark in a location away from the pop up page and that might be a bit confusing for visitors. If you know any workaround for that, please let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	111538

Thanks,
    Parseh

Quote Originally Posted by Parseh View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    I had tried that idea before but it didn't work. The problem is if I draw a large box on the layer, Xara mistakenly puts the X mark in a location away from the pop up page and that might be a bit confusing for visitors. If you know any workaround for that, please let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	111538

Thanks,
    Parseh
    Parseh, for the pop-upobject, select the settings... button and ensure the Close pop-up automatically is ticked.
    Design and add a close icon or button where you want and set its link to be "popup:close". more details: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-Close-a-Popup.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Problem solved! It's great that I can add my own button to close the pop up.

Thank you very much Acorn

Parseh

well, this might just be the answer to my problem too..... :-D

Thnx guys!