Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Xara 11 premium and visuallightbox/videolightbox

I am just getting used to xara, and want to use Visiallightbox and VideoLightbox to create image galleries and video galleries for my xara webpages. I have found bits of instructions from different areas in the forum but I am finding it quite difficult to piece these together into something I can understand. None of the things I have found so far seem to deal with where you put all the associated files. I have tried creatng large slideshows in Xara directly using supplied widgets but find they are very slow to build - especially for large number of pictures and most dont give much oir any control that I can see for the pop up image sizes. Uising VideoLightbox I can create a gallery of 478 thumbnals withj 1024x pop ups (or anyu other size) in less than 10 minutes - and most of that time is the program converting the display images to he right size.

What I end up with is an index.html file in which I can clearly see the head section ans body section for video lightbox
    Also there Is a subfolder index_files which has four sub folders

vlb_engine
    vlb_files1
    vlb_images1
    vlb_thumbnails1

All of which seems pretty straightforward to understand

So my questions are
    a) how do I get the code into my xara webpage - I know something to do with placeholders but not sure exaclty how to do it?
    b) how do I get the main, and four subfolders, into a location that will enable the code to use them?
    c) will I need to edit any code for it find the subfolders?
    d) should I set the page colours in the videolightbox code to match my site or should I leave as "use page default"

I am assuming that the process would be similar for videolightbox from the same company

These really are good tools and it would be nice if xara created a widget for them but in the meantime if anyone was able to jot down some step by step guide I, and I am sure others, would be eternally grateful

Default Re: Xara 11 premium and visuallightbox/videolightbox

I don't use Visual Light Box so I can't advise on their software but viewing their site they have instructions on how to insert Video Light Box into your website.

Xara can't do it all for you, you need to do a bit of your own research

Try the link below & view article 7 and the accompanying crap video.

http://visuallightbox.com/help.html
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara 11 premium and visuallightbox/videolightbox

Here's an example of embedding Video Light Box into Xara. Not 100% impressed but shows it can be done.

http://www.parkeston.com/vlb/index.htm
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Info Xara 11 premium and visuallightbox/videolightbox -tutorial

I spent most of the day researching different articles about this and eventually cracked it
    The thing that I like most about these tools are the speed with which they can create even large slideshows with as many as 250 images
    The other thing is that I can determine the size of the thumbnails and of the displayed videos even up to high definition. I eventually worked out that the only task that needs to be performed outside of Xara is to upload the gallery support files. I particulalry like that portrait/landscapw formats are automatically handled and that the video gallery can be a mix of hosted (youttube etc) and locally uploaded files

I collated my learning experience and have built a small xara site with a couple of simple examples - you can find it at http://videos.gbswales.co.uk
    I have included a step by step walk through of what I did for anyone that is interested - the two products are very similar and one guide would probably suffice but being aware thar begginers can be confused if the terminology is not exacly what they see.

I am aware that a couple of my demo videos are not working but that is an issue I am aware of that is nothing to do with the process described - anyway feel free to look at it or not. Please remember I am new to xara and if any of the more experienced of you can add anything to the tutorials I will update the site

VisualLightbox and VideoLightbox into xara tutorial please share and enjoy!