Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What things can web designer 11 can not do?

Just wondering what are the limitations of using web designer? I do like the new features and cloud usage but wondering is it expandable like Muse from Adobe with extensions and plugins? I am aware that it does not have a database similar to wordpress, but if needed can one write their own or why invent the wheel when there is wordpress. Sorry for the bad grammar in the title LOL.

Default Re: What things can web designer 11 can not do?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Just wondering what are the limitations of using web designer? I do like the new features and cloud usage but wondering is it expandable like Muse from Adobe with extensions and plugins? I am aware that it does not have a database similar to wordpress, but if needed can one write their own or why invent the wheel when there is wordpress. Sorry for the bad grammar in the title LOL.
    We have Widgets. We have Placeholders. We have total flexibility around placement and control of objects so we have unlimited thematic templating.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Try looking at my site. I knocked this up in a day with very little pre knowledge of the programme.

I used to do it all on Frontpage but hey, XWD is way ahead.
    I still have things to learn but most of what I need seems to be on the programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnzer View Post
    Try looking at my site. I knocked this up in a day with very little pre knowledge of the programme.
    Unfortunately "you knocked up" two sites, the mobile one remains unedited. Please check it out ASAP.

Nice, also there is some overlapping text on the designers page.

WD can not do independent RSS, automatic generated "last articles" & "most reading articles" menu ... this is pain, folks ... WD can not do FB&disqus comments further ...

WD cannot do FB and Disqus? I beg to differ!

See http://www.sydneyshortfilmschool.com/testimonials.htm - Facebook comments at the top, Disqus comments at the bottom. (Caveat: Facebook can be a bit iffy in Chrome for me, but is fine in anything else - although could just be a cookie on my PC needs clearing).

Quote Originally Posted by iannicholson View Post
    WD cannot do FB and Disqus? I beg to differ!

See http://www.sydneyshortfilmschool.com/testimonials.htm - Facebook comments at the top, Disqus comments at the bottom. (Caveat: Facebook can be a bit iffy in Chrome for me, but is fine in anything else - although could just be a cookie on my PC needs clearing).
    there is not facebook comments at the top. disqus at the bottom probably doesnt stretch downward after 10 or more contributions ...