Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printing not right

I've created a text poster and when I printed it some letters didn't print well. The font I used (Archistico Normal) was somewhat to thin to show up, so I added a thin line. On several letters the line is not printing. It is a Xara related problem because I exported the file to Illustrator and the print came out fine.
    I'm working with Xara Designer Pro X 8.1.

Anyone knows what's causing this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151029_11_08_45_Pro.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	110804

Default Re: Printing not right

Export to pdf and print the pdf.

Mike

Thanks I will try that.
    Still boggles me what can cause this problem.

Is the font still live text in illustrator? In other words, can you select a text line and add characters to it? Or is it what Adobe terms "outline text" (vector shapes)?

If it is now vector shapes in Illy, the difference is that the font as live text is overwhelming your printer. It's a complex font. If it is still live text in illustrator then the likely difference is the way which the font information is been fed to the print driver compared to your Xara application.

If the same issue shows up in the pdf, when you try another pdf export, convert the text to shapes in your Xara application during the export, or using a copy of the file, then try the pdf export.

Mike

I tried several things:
    It doesn't matter if the font is live text, I tried both and they came out fine.
    I created a PDF and that prints fine.
    I tried those things on my all purpose printer so I have to print them from my epson but I expect no change in outcome because my all purpose printer showed the same errors.

Thanks for thinking with me....