Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FTP error: Couldn't resolve host name

Last week I upgraded to Windows 10. Today I tried to open my Xara Designer 7 program (which I've been using for years with no problems) but could not. I figured it had to do with the Win10 change, so I downloaded the trial Xara Designer 11. That worked and I was able to make some changes to my web page (hosted by GoDaddy). But when I went to publish it -- all my hosting information (FTP stuff) was missing. I retyped all the appropriate information, saved, the hit publish website. I now keep getting: "FTP error: Couldn't resolve host name".
    I have no idea what do do now. Anyone have some ideas?

Default Re: FTP error: Couldn't resolve host name

Hi mjw72,

1. Do you get a specific error message when running v7? and have you tried doing a full uninstall of v7 including deleting the installation.ini file and re-installing to fix this?
    2. The FTP information you saved is stored in the registry which is specific to each version and so v11 wont show your v7 saved settings, however you can save your settings from v7 to a file, open the file in v11 and then save them from the file into v11.
    3. If you encounter the error 'The Server name or host could not be resolved' when publishing from Xara, please initially check to ensure the FTP Details you have entered in the Publishing tab are correct. If you need further help with this, you can send in a support ticket, and include your FTP details and our support team will help you with it.