Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CMS OR EXTERNAL PLUG IN OR SOFTWARE

More and more clients are requesting to do the editing themselves, it is a bit frustrating since Xara does not have a fully cms system in place (it would be nice for xara...), the cloud xara option is not practical since it is very limited. Is there another program that I can use as a plugin or software that i can install to enable a client to edit?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: CMS OR EXTERNAL PLUG IN OR SOFTWARE

There is XT-CMS created by TG member XTom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    There is XT-CMS created by TG member XTom
    Thank you but the XT cms is not user friendly and even I do not understand it, can I use Surreal CMS? It is an external programme

Quote Originally Posted by hdebeer View Post
    Thank you but the XT cms is not user friendly and even I do not understand it, can I use Surreal CMS? It is an external programme
    No you can't use Surreal CMS as every time your republish your Xara site, all the client changes will vanish.
    Is you lack of understanding and user unfriendliness based on trialling XT-CMS? http://www.xt-cms.com/demo/.

I am not a XT-CMS user but recognise the integration effort that has gone into it.

You can have a client have access to a Xara design but having the client buy a Xara licence.
    I think you are mixing together client access and CMS as if they were the same.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've worked with Xt-cms and it can give you client access to edit specific areas only that you designate with place holders. it has features for a blog, shopping cart etc. It does take a bit of set up but once that's done it's actually quite easy to use, and the set up isn't really all that difficult either.

Xtom has a series of videos on the XT-CMS site that are worth watching and some pdf documentations are available as well. Xtom will also provide support on his forum as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.