Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bar issue in WD11P, No Color change after addin a button on the page

I am using WD11P and the most current update: 2.3.40788. I may have found a bug with the having a Navigation bar (that will change color on mouse over) on the page and adding a button (that is set to change color on mouse over) and then adding a “pop-up layer” to the button in the Web Properties.
    The Navigation Bar will change pages BUT will not change colors on mouse over. The button will work also but will no longer change colors. It was driving me up a wall. I have been working on it for hours.
    Any Idea how to fix this?

Default Re: Navigation Bar issue in WD11P, No Color change after addin a button on the page

test nav bar and button 1.web test nav bar and button 2.web I have not found a workaround. When adding a button to the page and adding a "link" to another page on the button, it works fine. The button will change color on mouse over. I have a Nav bar on the pages and it works fine also, it will change color on mouse over. But the moment I add a "pop-up layer" to the button (only to the button, not the Nav bar) the mouse over will not work to change the color of the button OR the Nav bar. And any other page the Nav bar is on will no longer change colors. I am including the simple .web files as an example. Can someone please test this with WD11P update 40788?

Default Re: Navigation Bar issue in WD11P, No Color change after addin a button on the page

I would not do this with a navigation bar but create individual buttons. To link to the Pop-up layer, have the MouseOff button a single button with no button state and place the MouseOver state button on the pop up layer. By default the Pop-up layers use a Fade Web animation but this does not work for the Pop-up layer button so I have set the default web animation effect to none.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RogS View Post
    test nav bar and button 1.web test nav bar and button 2.web I have not found a workaround. When adding a button to the page and adding a "link" to another page on the button, it works fine. The button will change color on mouse over. I have a Nav bar on the pages and it works fine also, it will change color on mouse over. But the moment I add a "pop-up layer" to the button (only to the button, not the Nav bar) the mouse over will not work to change the color of the button OR the Nav bar. And any other page the Nav bar is on will no longer change colors. I am including the simple .web files as an example. Can someone please test this with WD11P update 40788?
    Your test Layer needs to be above the MouseOver Layer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Wow, you two are good. Thanks Gary and Acorn! I was a programmer a long time ago and should have known it was so simple to fix this. I will go back and review Layer order. I caused myself hours of extra troubleshooting but never moved the layers around because I thought no layer should be above the mouseover layer. Thanks you two... Have a good weekend.

Glad it worked out. Now you can get on with your Labor Day Barbecue.