Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Time delay to show elements in Xara

Quote Originally Posted by hoja View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    I have tested quite a bit more but couldn't get the script to work properly. Attached is a simple
    sample file, here the script is supposed to use the script to delay the display of the caption (the blind
    text on white background). Each of the two pages previewed separately show the desired effect but
    when previewing the entire website things get messed up.
    As I was not sure whether one could use the same name again on a second page I have renamed the
    item on the second page and adjusted the script accordingly.

Still no avail and there's also a little printout that jquery didn't load. Could you maybe have a quick look?
    Attachment 109675
    For a SuperSite, all its pages are loaded in the one document.
    Both delays will therefore fire at the same time.

In copying the Placeholder again, the printout that jquery didn't load happens as it was only supposed to be there once.
    You need to delete the detail in the code body.
    At the same time, you technically could keep the check for jQuery in the Placeholder head. You don't need it so you can delete the first <script>...</script>.

Sorry but this approach just won't work with a SuperSite.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Time delay to show elements in Xara

Thank you very much for confirming! Things felt fundamentally incompatible to me, but I'm lacking the
    web coding skills to fully understand the reasons.

Thanks again for your time! I have one more question, if I may:
    I tend to stick to Supersites and live with the great SEO disadvantages for just one reason: Page change
    by swiping. I don't think that one should seriously offer mobile sites without nthat feature. My question is:
    Do you see a good way to offer variants of conventional websites (made with Xara) which do have swipe support?