Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

Default Sharing web work

I live on a narrowboat and have set up the Melton and Oakham Waterways Society site. It would be really good it I could share the work with someone more local (I continuously cruise.)

The ideal is that I could continue using DP v8 and Dinah could buy WD v11. Will she be able to load my DP file into WD to edit it? Would I then be able to reload it back into DP? What would be the problems with each of us uploading the site to the same web space?

Theo

Default Re: Sharing web work

Theo, I would upgrade your current to Xara DPX11 (£89) and buy XWD11P (£70).
    The problem would be going back from XWD11P to XDP8 as there are so many new features for it to maona about. Also going forward would have the same issues.
    The lowest common denominator might not be worth the hassle; it is doable but if you were on a budget.

Read the EULA for your current software about second computer use.

You might also look at the new activation approach: http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...-serial-number.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn

That's useful advice.

I was interested in you signature text. I still miss RISCOS3 and get nostalgic about the early days with Interword. How much functionality managed to go into a small space with Impression!

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Thanks Acorn

That's useful advice.

I was interested in you signature text. I still miss RISCOS3 and get nostalgic about the early days with Interword. How much functionality managed to go into a small space with Impression!
    ... but it lacked a useful Backup. I assume you realise !Impression was by Computer Concepts a.k.a. Xara?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ... but it lacked a useful Backup. I assume you realise !Impression was by Computer Concepts a.k.a. Xara?
    Acorn
    I did, indeed know. It was their very lovely premises in a stately home that gave it away!

Nick