Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Unable to find the filters to export that file with

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Hi,

Don't know how well you are around regedit.
    I found that if you uninstall the program and delete all registry folders related to the software and
    after a reboot of the pc it will wipe all related things to the software.
    Reinstalling might fix the problems of ill registered dll files and such.

Hans
    I didn't even know what Regedit was...so after a quick search, i found it...but it all looks greek to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Have you tried previewing with any other file or just this one?

If you haven't try creating a new web file, draw something simple like a square and see if it will preview.

Let us know what happens.
    Just tried it....same error message.

Hi CarpetStore,

Can you try logging into your PC as another user, or setting up another user account and try to preview/ publish a simple file on that User account to see if it works on that.

If this doesn't work, I'd recommend first ensuring that you've definitely tried all the other suggestions in the previous comments of the thread, especially running as Admin, Re-installing using the Downloadable installer from the Xara site, possibly install another Versions Trial and see if your able to publish through that,

because the next step is "Full Geek" but ill be able to give you clear instructions starting with downloading a program called "Dependency Walker" this gives a list of the DLLs that are being used with Xara, and should show any errors that occur whilst loading up Xara and its dependant DLLs. (http://www.dependencywalker.com/)

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I was able to publish websites and do everything perfectly fine until a week ago. From what I've gathered, as there are other people having the same issues as I am, this must be a recent software problem with Xara. I too have submitted (several) support tickets and haven't heard back for almost a week. I have literally tried everything I can find on the web. Running as administrator, multiple Command Prompts, and uninstalling (deleting all files associated with Xara) & reinstalling the program and still no luck and the same error messages reported in this thread. I'm at my wits end and really have no new things to try. It'd be nice if Xara did something about this or at least acknowledged their customers issues, and let them know they are working on solutions. Apparently it doesn't matter if you spend hundreds of dollars on software!!!! My business depends on this program and being able to successfully update websites/export PDF's. Thanks for all your help on trying to voice solutions. If I figure anything out I'll be sure to post. I'm very disappointed with this company and software!

Hi Howllr,

Did you update your software since it worked? If not, then it must be linked to another change on your PC, its very likely that its a security change such as antivirus/firewall updates. Can you post your Ticket number and ill have a look to see what's happening with your ticket for you. And to let you know I am currently trying to help and find a solution to your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi CarpetStore,

Can you try logging into your PC as another user, or setting up another user account and try to preview/ publish a simple file on that User account to see if it works on that.

If this doesn't work, I'd recommend first ensuring that you've definitely tried all the other suggestions in the previous comments of the thread, especially running as Admin, Re-installing using the Downloadable installer from the Xara site, possibly install another Versions Trial and see if your able to publish through that,

because the next step is "Full Geek" but ill be able to give you clear instructions starting with downloading a program called "Dependency Walker" this gives a list of the DLLs that are being used with Xara, and should show any errors that occur whilst loading up Xara and its dependant DLLs. (http://www.dependencywalker.com/)
    So very weird!
    I had to allow a guest user, but after I did, I was able to preview the page!
    Weird.
    Not my website, but the generic template that's available when you start out.....
    Why is that?

I've got this too. I thought it might be Pro 11 but it's the same on Pro 10 too. Wondering if it's to do with Windows 10 as everything else seems to be at the moment Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zara 11.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	109548

Just found the answer - for me anyway. Right click and Run as Administrator has done the job. Happy bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Strayfish View Post
    Just found the answer - for me anyway. Right click and Run as Administrator has done the job. Happy bunny
    Congrats to you!
    But for me that won't work.

I still have had no luck getting this to work!
    I've done all that they asked me to do, to no avail!
    View Ticket: #YTO-466-29833

I hate to say this, but I think the only option I have left, with my level of expertise, is to do a back up. Not sure it'll work and I'm super hesitant to do it since I've been having such issues with this for so long. I'd hate to lose all the stuff I've saved since this decided to .. well ya know.

Just at the end of my rope here....