Thanks for the replies and information as to how to improve the speed, etc. Once I get to the login screen, everything goes much faster. From login to ready to load programs is much, much faster with the SSD than the HD that I had. DPX11 loads very quickly. As for Windows 10, I think that I'll wait awhile. There still seems to be too many problems being reported.

My only complaint about X11 is still the animation interface with Movie Edit Pro and Video Pro X7 not working correctly. The background video doesn't advance with the frames, and the animation is not returned to the video, only a static image.

I did notice another problem with animation, export to avi. No matter which frame rate that I put in the properties, it always exports at 24 fps. I'm away from home so I can't check this, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I watched XaraXhris' excellent animation tutorial and he indicated that the frame rate could be changed. However, the result for me is always 24 fps in the avi. I want 29.97 or 30.

Thanks,
John