Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Snap To Objects Issue

I have been upgrading a number of Websites that were built in WD9 Premium. I have managed to solve a number of issue associated with bringing the websites into WD10 Premium, but one issue remains unsolved.

When moving objects around in WD9 Premium, I would always have a series of Cross Hair lines referencing the edges and center of adjacent objects, making alignment quick and painless. It was extremely beneficial when aligning different sized objects.

However, in WD10 Premium, I no longer get the cross hair lines (I rarely get a millisecond flash of a single green line but that's all). What I get is a one pixel RED DOT that is either showing on horizontal adjacent objects of vertical adjacent objects. These RED DOTS are useless and I am forced to align one object at a time using the Alignment command on the drop down menu. Not fun on image laden Gallery pages.

My question: Is the RED DOT the new alignment tool for WD10 Premium? If so, why the rare flash of a green alignment line (but still no cross hairs)? If not, then where are the RED DOTS coming from and why the rare, intermittent, single green line but no cross hairs?

Thoughts?

Dave
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

Default Re: Snap To Objects Issue

Might be the setting for magnetic snap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnetic snap.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	109499  

Hi Gary,

That is the same settings I currently have in WD10 Premium. I just opened WD9 Premium and all the lines re there working just fine and using the same magnetic snap settings as WD10 Premium. I am at a loss so far...

Hi SuperDave,

For me v9 and v10 act in the same way, to get a better idea of the error, can you take 2 screenshots, 1 from v9 and one from v10, doing the same/similar task that shows the difference clearly and post them here.

It sounds like you have turned off "Live dragging".

You can turn it back on by double-clicking the icon on the status line.

Phil

Phil... Scooooooooooooooore!

There are so many nuances to Xara WD, it would take a lifetime to learn them all! I didn't know a thing about "Live Dragging" and the minuscule icon way down on the Status Line... one double click and presto-chango, I have my cross hairs back! Time to get to bed on this side of the pond!

Thanks again!