Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Guidance on using HTML as placeholder

thanks again

me again, just uploaded 2 flash html files following your steps and once again have the biggest smile on my face. Cheap thrills, i know. Got so much love for you guys. HAd to upload swiffy files under public_html as outside that folder caused problems. Host states all files to be viewd on the site must be under this folder. It works so have left it alone unless you feel otherwise maybe due to safety or etc. So basically they are in public_html file under sub folders.. guessing it's sounds..

Thanks for showing me hows it's done once again, didn't think i would be able to do it.

best wishes

DUH! My mistake:

By images directory are you refering to the public_html folder?
    should have read:
    By images directory are you refering to the "index_htm_files" folder?

Sorry about that. So there's nothing stopping you posting additional folders under the public_html folder (Your websites root folder)
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thats all good i knew what you meant anyway.. I did come across as abit confused at one point, maybe 2..was taking in quite abit of information at once, Being new to publishing site etc having a client on my case, wanted to make sure all angles were covered.. With so many people using mobile devices i don't think it's wise to avoid this step. thank you for making it so easy again.. you guys have been a great help

I have created a series of html 5 vertical banners using tumult hype 3 and tried to publish them using a placeholder. I've used a FTP client program to upload the html file and accompanying folder of associated files to the website folder on my server and copied the required code to the body section in the placeholder - no success after republishing - so I altered the code slightly in the body to add an absolute url....
    <div id="bispriandhol_hype_container" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:142px;h eight:430px;overflow:hidden;" aria-live="polite">
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://petermacinnes.0catch.com/PFGS_july2015/BisPriAndHol.hyperesources/bispriandhol_hype_generated_script.js?59448"></script>
    </div>

the page link Im trying to publish to is:
    http://www.petermacinnes.0catch.com/PFG ... 5/training options lm.htm
    Do I need to change the code to <iframe......
    does anyone have experience using a placeholder for html5?

Hi Peter, these url's lead to a 404 file not found page.

Can you repost them?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Peter, these url's lead to a 404 file not found page.

Can you repost them?
    http://www.petermacinnes.0catch.com/...tions%20lm.htm

sorry - Im sure the problem lies in some simple coding change - Ive tried adding an absolute url and tried substituting <iframe for <div - but no success so far - the entire code produced by the html banner file is:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1,IE=edge" />
    <title>BisPriAndHol</title>
    <style>
    html {
    height:100%;
    }
    body {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    margin:0;
    height:100%;
    }
    </style>

<!-- copy these lines to your document head: -->

<meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=yes, width=142" />

<!-- end copy -->

</head>
    <body>

sorry if this is a newbie question but I saw this on a forum reply in the hype 3 pages and it raised the question: are Mac OS app html 5 files (Hype3) even compatible with Windows software programs (Xara)?

Also note that Xara appears to be Windows only, and Tumult Hype is Mac OS X only