Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone have Windows 10 yet

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    No.
    I'm sorry you're not having any success. Wish I could help Gary.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Gary hasn't been alone... Until today that is. I now get the messages "Download Complete" and "Upgrade Available".
    Now this might piss Gary off, but I don't think I'm ready to take the plunge just yet. I think I'll wait a while until a few updates have been released. (Sorry, Gary).
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

@Gary, have you opened your Windows Update and checked the History to see if W10 has failed?
    My laptop has had four fails so far so I'm going for the manual option.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Is the manual option a clean install ... will I lose my programs etc? 5 failed upgrades here
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I got it yesterday down under in OZ - the upgrade apparently been downloading a few days ago, bit by bit and I let it run last night - took about 1 hour to do the final install this morning and no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    Is the manual option a clean install ... will I lose my programs etc? 5 failed upgrades here
    if you install from the downloaded ISO [on DVD or USB] you will get a choice, when I ran it the default was keep, but you need to keep an eye on the choices you are being offered - but I ran it twice, once keep and saved acronis image; then restored 8.1 and ran it again clean and saved that as acronis image... 'cos that's the sort of guy I am, and you never know when a clean image may be needed if the keep route goes pear-shaped...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks. Not sure whether it's doing anything but I tried the MS recommended wuauclt.exe /updatenow route.

I think I'll just go to bed
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Getting code error: 80240020 on the failed downloads. Research took me to ...

"This is an expected message indicating that when installation begins it may require user interaction. This is the largest software upgrade event ever and we’re managing it so everyone has a great experience. We recommend waiting until your PC receives a notification to upgrade, and then following the instructions provided.

Please note that there is no problem with your reservation or upgrade download. The upgrade download is not corrupt as some have stated, and you will be notified in the coming days or weeks when your device is ready to upgrade."

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-df8d51a7bb51

if you run the 'check my PC' [click on the notification icon on the taskbar, then on the hamburger button top leftish] it may tell you what the issue is

it may be that MS are waiting for driver updates, for example; it may be something like graphics chip that you cannot just uninstall and forget about
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yesterday I got the message that my update is ready. I'm going to hold out on in for a while though.