Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web page alignment

In web site preview one of my sites is displaying to the right of the screen. It's a recent issue and was OK (still trying things out!!) Can someone please let me know what I do to rectify the problem?
    Thank you.

Default Re: Web page alignment

Rustic, there's not much to go on, is there?

I think Paul is asking if you have a link to the site? Or if not published can you upload the site file (.web or .xar) here for us to peek at?

WD11P not quite ready for prime time...

A test page with web variant, made from scratch, loads several pixels into the left margin on Chrome for Android 4.4.3 (in portrait mode--landscape looks OK) AND Windows Phone 8.1 AND when resizing desktop browser (Firefox 39.0) and re-widening it, a horizontal scrollbar appears -- even after refresh. Test site: http://www.nicheknack.com/testing/wd11p/

I've tried many variations on mobile pixel size; from 320 to 480 -- none seem to behave properly. It's at 400px now.

Anyone else having this problem?

Best,
    Alex W

P. S. I'm going back to V10 now and doing the site with a 480px web variant...I'll post results here.

Sorry - not files but hope screen print will elaborate! If you still need files then a brief 'how to' would be appreciated. All other sites are fine and I have no idea how I've got this to change. Single page preview is perfectly centred on screen - it's only the full site preview that displays to the right.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alignment full site.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	109348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alignment single page.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	109349

Actually both images look centered.

The first image has a scrollbar and that's why it looks like it's displaced to the right - the page is wider than will fit in the browser window.

My guess is that you have some content somewhere that's making the full site preview much wider. Maybe a page that is wider than the rest? Maybe some content?

I think Paul is correct but we'd need to see your xar or web file.

If you still need files then a brief 'how to' would be appreciated.
    Best way I've found is to open your site xar/web file and make a copy by renaming it.

Now in the Page & Layer gallery shift/select all the other pages apart from index (or the page that's causing problems) hit the delete button.

Save

Attach this xar/web file to TG just as you would do an image.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you - I'll just go back and check pages/content as suggested and if that doesn't work, I'll get a file sorted. Much appreciated!

What I discovered is when you create a mobile variant, if you are content on the pasteboard, even if it is not touching the page, it will cause the page to display off center in the mobile variant.