Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

John,

01. lines with arrowheads: well, I can reproduce it, but what the heck - just copy->paste the bare lines, select both with a marquee and add the arrowheads. Nothing spectecular IMHO.

02. guides: when I'm working on a 800 x 600 workspace, I need a 640 x 480 guide for screen designs to adjust the screen to the smallest available screens out there (there are more 640 x 480 monitors around than you would believe, and I definitely don't want to frustrate those users and force them to scroll left and right in addition to up and down). So I set up a giudes01 resembling the 640 x 480 screen, lock this layer, place the guides 1 layer unlocked on top of it, so that I can move these layers without accidentially moving the 640 x 480 - see example

If I am developing for FLASH, I place a 400 x 300 guides layer locked behind everything, or a 600 x 300 etc, whatever I need. Makes sense?

To check the results, pls go to
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net - there are lots of examples.

In addition, when I'm doing product design, the locked layer resembles a certain aspect ration, which saves a lot of work to re-calculate the dimensioning in my CAD applications (I import the vectors with *.ai format). Makes sense as well?

It's good to be able to move objects over a color filled rectangle in the background - they stop exactly at the 640 x 480 guides etc.

Enjoy XARA X.

ciao,
    jens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen010111.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	14101  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Thanks for your reply. I follow much the similar process. I know exactly were you are coming from when you talk about Aspect Ration concerns.

Hello
    This small gap is due to anti-aliasing.
    Moving the quality slider jut one notch to the left removes the gap

Mike Engles