Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Automatic hyphenation in Xara Designer Pro X9

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...there will be a lot of attention given to the DTP area because there was almost no new features in this area in DPX10
    Didn't think DPX10 has been released yet...

DPX11, hopefully, will see a return to drawing and layout features. For what layout I use XDP for, hyphenation would be pretty low on the list of what I would like to see. It's not, and never really will be, competition for laying out anything longer than a brochure. For which manual hyphenation is pretty easy if desired at all.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    For which manual hyphenation is pretty easy if desired at all.Mike
    ... may be in English ... I have a totally different view on this and I think Xara would be a great DTP tool with automatic hyphenation. I use it on top of one page graphics with no text for flyers with more than six pages and even for books with a lot of photographs and text, like this one, where I did not hyphenate, since it was too much work manually.

I am not saying that XDP cannot be used for laying out a book. Several here have done so. I can drive a screw into wood using a hammer, too. But the hammer isn't the most appropriate tool, it just gets the job done.

Nor am I saying that your long-standing request for hyphenation isn't a good and valid one. The forum is filled with good, long-standing valid requests (and newer ones).

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by gottwavo View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Any idea when the next release is scheduled? In earlier years we mostly had a new release in April. Web Designer 11 is out already ...
    Count on July as last year X10.

Automatic Hyphenation is available in Xara Designer Pro 11 ... Great ... and it works.