Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Mark, glad to see you back on the board. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

In case you've forgotten me, and my rantings about the initial trial release's bugs i was suffering from, i was the one having all the Fatal Error crashes. (Post titled "I Waited This Long For This!?") Remember? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've gone a downloaded the 1.0a release now though, as you suggested, and would like to congratulate you guys on doing a splendid job of ridding me of said bugs. Thank you, they have all gone... except 2.
    These are not crash related bugs though, so don't worry! hehee BUT, they ARE somewhat of a nusense considering that Xara2 did not have them.

1) When opening a Template, XaraX is STILL adding 2 new colours to my default colour bar - 1 White & 1 Black (named "Black2").
    Why oh why is it still doing this???
    I have to keep deleting those everytime i start a project.

2) Same as above with opening a new Template - XaraX is STILL not remembering the last position of my Gallery palettes. Also an irritant, but understandably a minor one. But still... Xara2 remembered their last screen position just fine. Why oh why is it still doing this???

And that's all as far as i can tell. I've tried my best to crash the program, but to my glee was unable to. Bravo! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] hahaa
    And i mean it! I REALLY tried!

Let me know please if these were 2 of the things fixed in the new 1.0aa update ok?
    Thanks a bunch!

Take care,
    Mark...

Hi Mark, glad to see you back on the board. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

In case you've forgotten me, and my rantings about the initial trial release's bugs i was suffering from, i was the one having all the Fatal Error crashes. (Post titled "I Waited This Long For This!?") Remember? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've gone a downloaded the 1.0a release now though, as you suggested, and would like to congratulate you guys on doing a splendid job of ridding me of said bugs. Thank you, they have all gone... except 2.
    These are not crash related bugs though, so don't worry! hehee BUT, they ARE somewhat of a nusense considering that Xara2 did not have them.

1) When opening a Template, XaraX is STILL adding 2 new colours to my default colour bar - 1 White & 1 Black (named "Black2").

2) Same as above with opening a new Template - XaraX is STILL not remembering the last position of my Gallery palettes. Also an irritant, but understandably a minor one. But still... Xara2 remembered their last screen position just fine. Why oh why is it still doing this???

And that's all as far as i can tell. I've tried my best to crash the program, but to my glee was unable to. Bravo! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] hahaa
    And i mean it! I REALLY tried!

Let me know please if these were 2 of the things fixed in the new 1.0aa update ok?
    Thanks a bunch!

Take care,
    Mark...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    1) When opening a Template, XaraX is STILL adding 2 new
    colours to my default colour bar - 1 White & 1 Black (named
    "Black2").

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would occasionally get an extra "white" if I used a template that was originally created with CorelXARA2. The fix I used was to erase the template and make a new one.

BTW, in the "name" and "company" field of XaraX 1.0aa, (go to HELP/About XaraX) I see "Unbranded User" and "Unbranded Company" instead the usual entries. (?) Is that related to the extended license timeout for this version?

Bryan

Geewiz golly darn!
    Why didn't i think to just create a new template using XaraX?! Aaaaagh! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I think i dropped the ball on that one!
    Let me give it a whirl and see if it fixes that particular problem.

Thanks for the wake-up call Bryan! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'd still like Mark G to address my 2nd problem too... Mr Goodall? You here? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Mark...

Well I am very pleased to hear that you are finding the Xara X v1.0a indestructible, I hope this is compensation for your earlier problems.
    Xara X v1.0aa is even better I believe and has enhanced functionality, particularly with the Xara X EPS export to Photoshop6, which may be relevant to you.

After a superficial attempt to recreate your gallery problem in Xara X v1.0aa, I couldn't.

If I position the fill gallery window, say, at the bottom of the screen, and I close and relaunch the app, it re-appears in the correct place on being opened again.
    If you are referring to the palette which holds all of the gallery buttons, then again if I position the palette somewhere and close the app and restart, the palette is positioned correctly.
    I haven't checked v1.0a yet.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd