Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to create a new color pallet?

Hello everybody,

how to create a new color pallet, with names, and replace the standard(default) pallet at the bottom... is that even possible?

then save this workspace as a template... is this even possible?

i did search color pallet... nothing came up on my end... very odd?

thank you !!!

Frank

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: how to create a new color pallet?

Hi Frank,

First Xara does not export colour palette files but it can import them. I usually use other software to create colour palettes. check out this tutorial I wrote for the Xara Xone http://www.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tri...rld-of-colors/

And if you want to switch palettes that show on the colourline just open the colour gallery and select a palette name and right click it. A context menu will open and you can either untick or tick show in colourline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I use a palette of 85 colors plus 20 shades of gray. I created the palette and named each color. I keep a small grouped copy of these colors on the pasteboard and have saved the page as a Template and use this for my default template.

When I create a new page, my palette of named colors appear in the color line.

I also opened the Color Gallery, selected the Standard Palette and de-selected Show in Color Line.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by EARTHPRINTS View Post
    Hello everybody,

how to create a new color pallet, with names, and replace the standard(default) pallet at the bottom... is that even possible?

then save this workspace as a template... is this even possible?

i did search color pallet... nothing came up on my end... very odd?

thank you !!!

Frank
    Yes, it is possible. My default template uses only the CMYK primaries plus shades of 10% levels of gray plus white:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-003460.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	108968

What it is not is neither intuitive nor built-in. However, having the facility in the application to manage color palettes makes for a wonderful improvement.

Mike

I use a FREEWARE Palette Editor - Cyotek Color Palette Editor, that creates ACO colour palettes quite quickly, and simply. You can even pick colours off the screen and name them.

Check it out.

If anyone is interested, here's a palette off 133 Crayola colours that I created with it. Just put it in the C:/Program Files.../Xara/...../Palettes Subdirectory, and it will show up in the Colour Gallery. Obviously the name will change depending upon your Xara program that's installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The program I use is called GenoPal and while it's not free (at least it's not free if you want to save your palettes) it doesn't break the bank either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I use a FREEWARE Palette Editor - Cyotek Color Palette Editor, that creates ACO colour palettes quite quickly, and simply. You can even pick colours off the screen and name them.

If anyone is interested, here's a palette off 133 Crayola colours that I created with it...
    heh. thanks. very nice palette. and just for grins i replaced my default color line that i've kinda put together with bits and pieces along with the crazy 60's/70's mopar colors and shades thereof with your crayola one. makes the color line look awfully pretty (and awfully long ) i might have to tinker a little and make a new default color line

Quote Originally Posted by EARTHPRINTS View Post
    how to create a new color pallet, with names, and replace the standard(default) pallet at the bottom... is that even possible?...
    go to color gallery and right click on a folder to either remove or add any part of your color line. you can pile on as many as you'd like then save as your template

edit: arghh...also forgot to mention besides making new/named colors you can drag a color from any folder in color gallery to anywhere on your color line and then again save as your default template
    Last edited by mikeymopar; 16 July 2015 at 07:43 PM.

There's a few goodies re colour in the Xara Xone
    http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host