Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
There is a validity to forsaking text when illustrating one's impression of Infinity: by definition it's so all-embracing, that it consumes text before you've written it!

I'm of both minds about the graphic+text stuff, though. We have been using text to accompany, not always to support or explain the neighboring graphic, since the written word was devised. Think of how much more people enjoyed a "talkie" after the invention of sound films, compared to a silent film, even a classic. Moreover, many films have subtitles.

Digression: The director Jerry Sonenberg said recently that a good way to evaluate the success of a film is to turn the sound off. Can you still glean what's happening? Off the top of my head, I'd say the Mission: Impossible movies fail because the action relies too much on an explanation beforehand, while the Marvel comic book movies seem to explain themselves visually just fine. Can you discern my sophisticated film-watching prowess?

Why not look at a piece and see if the text is a label or actually contributes to the understanding of the piece?

Butting in again,

Gary
Ya, what he said...