Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: please help with illustration strategy and brushes to achieve look

I've posted this before, but this was photograph of a mounted samurai, that was the best image I could find to represent what I needed in an illustrations (and as stated, the publications I work on only use illustrations and not photographs), so I converted it to vector painting completely by hand.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yabusame-illustration.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	108078

What's that got to do with the exercise here! We have got a tutorial from #Big Frank that explains this. Let's us keep this within the bounds of what can be done here. Please try and give more info on how he can achieve how he can create the effect he wants within Xara without repeating what's gone before.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    What's that got to do with the exercise here! We have got a tutorial from #Big Frank that explains this. Let's us keep this within the bounds of what can be done here. Please try and give more info on how he can achieve how he can create the effect he wants within Xara without repeating what's gone before.
    That it can be done in Xara by hand, without the need for using Photoshop or plug-ins - I think my point is laser pointed and bound to the subject of this thread.

Except for adjusting color or contrast of bitmap images, I don't need nor use Photoshop for anything at all.

Try this, in place of changing the people's faces change the background. A few years ago a family member passed away. Julie wanted a poster about their life on the wheat farm. The wheat fields for the background and photos of her life over the wheat image combined for a lovely poster. I printed a few dozen to give out at the reception.

Probably I would try abr viewer to get png's of photoshop brushes. those can be imported into Xara although it would still require a lot of work getting the colors and shapes to work together. Anyway it would be worth a try.

@ anyone, I am not familiar with Franks tutorial. could someone point me to it please.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Nevermind, I missed seeing the link in the original post. Sorry about that. I have it now.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.