Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Redirecting from mobile version of website to full website

Hi there everybody,

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I don't talk the lingo. I have a website that I created with xara premium web designer 10, it is http:skipackagesjapan.com
    . I am just making the mobile version of it now. I understand that when users view it with a smartphone they will be redirected to the mobile version that I am now making. I do want users to be able to view the full version though via a link. How can I do that? And more importantly how can I stop them being redirected back to the mobile version every time they open a new page? Is there some php or java script I can insert somewhere?

Default Re: Redirecting from mobile version of website to full website

Hi Dave(?),

Xara uses webpage 'variants' for creating different layouts for different devices. Variants are like additional projects that share the same content.

When you create a variant, Xara creates a kind of duplicate file to suit the width of the intended display (phone, tablet) and copies the content across. You then need to reposition your content upon this new layout. It's not as painful as it sounds (unless your site has a LOT of pages).

The upside is that all your content is then managed in the one set of HTML files (so no confusion for Google et al) and the output is automatically adjusted according to the width of the viewer's display.

Obviously, setting up your mobile variant needs a little more consideration (especially for menus) but all up the process works very well and will provide all the content on both variants.

I would suggest you try creating a new test project using a responsive template in Xara (i.e. one that automatically creates a mobile variant) and see how changing content in one affects the content in the other.

Then I would suggest take a Xara (non-responsive) template, and create a mobile variant for it and see for yourself how the behaviour works before trying it out on your live site.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Ian

Make a copy of your full website without a mobile version and publish this to a subfolder.

Then link the view full website button on the mobile version to this copy.

Hi,
    I would appreciate it if some one could tell me How do I make a copy of the website without the mobile version???

Or I should say, I want to have a button on the mobile version of my site that redirects users to the full website, and I dont know how to do that!!!

Welcome to TalkGraphics Rose20

Create your main website and create your mobile website as two separate websites.

Create a new folder on your web hosting site's server and call it mobile. Publish your mobile site to this folder. On publish name both sites index (File name

Publish your main website to your web host's server in the appropriate directory and sub-directory if required (public_html or something like that)

When you create your mobile site link to your main site with a button or text link.

If your domain name is mysite.com then the link for the mobile site will be mysite.com/mobile

This is very sketchy. Let is know if you need more details.

Here's the way I'd go about it:

Create your website with mobile variant. Save it & publish.

Now using the same Xara file go "Save As" and save it in a subfolder named "main"

Delete the mobile variant by going Utilites / Website Variants / Website Variants / Select the mobile variant & Delete it

Save. Publish it to a subfolder on your server named "main"

Here is an EXAMPLE

Why you would want to do this I've no idea.

Here is the tree structure on my server.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host