Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How to insert Custom script to Xara?

I am testing a Xara Web Designer 11 Premium and it seems fine accept I need to add a custom script to the header such as validating codes or similar which must not be visible on a page. Is this possible? How can I view the page code?

Default Re: How to insert Custom script to Xara?

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by Pevex View Post
    Is this possible? How can I view the page code?
    There is no code until you export or publish.
    Xara Web Designer is not a HTML editor. It generates the HTML from your design when you publish.

Follow the link posted by zaphodeist or look in the program Help file for information about Placeholders.

Thumbs up Re: How to insert Custom script to Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by Pevex View Post
    I am testing a Xara Web Designer 11 Premium and it seems fine accept I need to add a custom script to the header such as validating codes or similar which must not be visible on a page. Is this possible? How can I view the page code?
    Ah "Placeholder", yes, seems like what I was looking for. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    There is no code until you export or publish.
    Xara Web Designer is not a HTML editor. It generates the HTML from your design when you publish.

Follow the link posted by zaphodeist or look in the program Help file for information about Placeholders.
    Hi, thank you. zaphodeist is right.

So there is no way at all to "view" (I am not talking about editing) the code before uploading it?

Hi and welcome Pevex. Just preview the site and the right click & view source. Click find and type in part of the code you're looking for to confirm it's inclusion. Shouldn't really be neccessary as long as you entered correctly into the Placeholder
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

So the Pevex understands what's happening. Previewing your site is the same as exporting insofar-as viewing the generated source goes because the Preview function exports the site to a temporary folder on your HDD which Xara sets up as a temporary virtual web server. EG: http://127.0.0.1:8000/virta63aa354/index.htm