Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Just Launched - Xara Web Designer 11

Frances - I think Egg was asking how to add it to the Auto Correct list.

Egg - Here's what you can do though it seems a bit fussy. Create the degree symbol in Wordpad then copy the symbol. In the Auto Correction Options dialog, create your shortcut, e.g. deg then in the Replace With box, paste the degrees symbol. I just tried this and it works.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Gary I was doing exactly that.

Just use the Arial font and Character Map and copy and paste into the replace with field of the auto correct options. It works well I've done it to add a degree symbol to mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

With regard to the precise mouse-over/click areas, circles, cows heads and the like.

Relying on precise areas for clicks is a really bad practice for the modern web, which has a high proportion of users using a mobile device for browsing. Fingers don't do hover or precise placement.

Mobile wants larger click areas, not precise ones.

Just saying.

[ technically - matching clicks/mouseovers/touches to a rectangle is far more efficient in processor power than a precise shape ]

Agreed, it would be silly for mobile versions.

Demo sites look great. Modern and professional. Excellent work.
    Great gift for a hobby web-designers.

Congratulations to the development team.

Has anyone published an existing WD10 website using WD11 without alterations other than using WD11?

I have. It did not like that very much and seemed to not recognise the fonts and mouse-overs used, so much so that I had to republish using WD10. I'm using iPage as a host and I sometimes get publishing problems but not often.

Perhaps it's just my website - it's not important and I think I had the same problem with WD10 at first.

Nope, I've tested numerous old .webs from as far back as v8 in v11 without any issues at all..
    Test refomatting is the only slight change necessary and has never made things worse, just better for modern browsers.