Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a dilemma regarding SOUND and a small flash interface I've developed. On this interface a person can choose to listen to several options available. My dilemma is should I link to an audio file that is embedded in the flash movie (where it becomes a streamin mp3?), or linked to a real audio file?

Would there be a considerable advantage to linking to a real audio file vs. embedding the audio file into the flash movie?

This interface will be linking to approximately 13 audio files, some as long as 20 minutes in length, and linking to some video files as well.

My original plan was to just make them all real audio files and have the real player just pop up and start playing the file once a user selected it. But I'm having some challenges with my web host (or ME for all I know) getting the audio files to STREAM. It seems they are just downloading first, THEN playing.

Any suggestions would be gladly accepted.
    IP

I have a dilemma regarding SOUND and a small flash interface I've developed. On this interface a person can choose to listen to several options available. My dilemma is should I link to an audio file that is embedded in the flash movie (where it becomes a streamin mp3?), or linked to a real audio file?

Would there be a considerable advantage to linking to a real audio file vs. embedding the audio file into the flash movie?

This interface will be linking to approximately 13 audio files, some as long as 20 minutes in length, and linking to some video files as well.

My original plan was to just make them all real audio files and have the real player just pop up and start playing the file once a user selected it. But I'm having some challenges with my web host (or ME for all I know) getting the audio files to STREAM. It seems they are just downloading first, THEN playing.

Any suggestions would be gladly accepted.
    IP

your real file needs a meta file that you call to. You need to create a .ram file that points to your rm file. That will cause the player to pop up. If they are that long I def. would use the Real audio solution over an mp3. Regards, Bill

If you need help with the meta file just email me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP