Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Smart Shapes, Text Panels - A way to adjust the margins around the text and the panel

I haven't found a way to adjust the margins between the text its bounding panel. I tried using the shape-editor to move the corner points of the backpanel but that doesn't work.

Being able to have a way to adjust the margins could eliminate or reduce the need for manually creating "stretchy" rectangles via the Naming method.

If "Stetchy" objects are used much in a document, it can make the listings in the Name Gallery enormous.

Default Re: Smart Shapes, Text Panels - A way to adjust the margins around the text and the p

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    I haven't found a way to adjust the margins between the text its bounding panel. I tried using the shape-editor to move the corner points of the backpanel but that doesn't work.
    Right-Click>>Open Smartshape.
    Adjust shape size or text colum size. Save.

Just don't try adjusting it again in the document

Default Re: Smart Shapes, Text Panels - A way to adjust the margins around the text and the p

I see that adjusting a second time can reset the margins back to its default spacing

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    I see that adjusting a second time can reset the margins back to its default spacing
    Like I already said, don't try adjusting it again in the document.
    If you want to adjust again, Open the Smartshape as before.