Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Unicode

Default Unicode

I know that Unicode has been discussed extensively in the past, but what is the best way insert a single unicode character into Xara? For Example Hex Code 2623 - Biohazard Symbol.

In a lot of Microsoft software, this is the method: Type the relevant Hex Code and then Press and hold ALT then Press X then release ALT, however this doesn't work with Xara. Even using the decimal on the keypad (9763) doesn't bring up the correct character. I'm using Arial Unicode MS font which, I believe contains all the relevant characters.

I, of course, can always use the Character Map, but it's a bind to use ... but if it's the only way.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Unicode

Not the only way. I sometimes use Font Xplorer. It has a feature to show the character map. You can look at each individually and copy as vector and insert that way. The rub is that the vector is very large and you have to reduce it lots to make it fit. Other wise I use Character Map and I have typed everything to bring up all the characters, copy that so I have two lines and now I can select one line and change the font to show the characters. Kind of a pain in the neck but it works but not as well as I had hoped. It can still be difficult to tell which key brings up the correct character, and for this reason I prefer Font Xplorer. I have the free version 1.2.2 tried the pro x version but as I recall I didn't like it as much.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Larry, I have the free version of Font Xplorer, I'll give it a go.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Font Xplorers Character map only seems to do the 1st page .... Seems rather like someone forgot to program the scroll bar.
    Keith