Thread: Error Message

Default Error Message

I am getting this message when loading Version 10 recently purchased today
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Capture.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	106812

My Internet Connection is fine as is shown by me being able to access this forum

I cannot see anything on the support page to help aand I do not get this problem with version 7 which is still on my PC

Can anyone help please?

Default Re: Error Message

I got the same message. It does not appear to effect anything. I would just ignore it.

I couldn't ignore it as I was prevented from doing anything thati nvolved download from Xara - e,g, looking at templates or downloading additional content. (I had just purchased the version 10 so had nothing other than stuff included in the trial version))

However, on loading the program this morning there was no message and all seems OK.

Perhaps it was a problem with Xara's servers.

Thanks for your reply.

You might be right. I just opened DPX10 with no error and could access the Content Catalog online, so maybe it was just a glitch.

I don't experience it as a glitch. It is a persistent error preventing access to the online gallery. Version -389 is fine, version 495 is not. I have fully tested multiple re-installs with and without all the security procedures in place, including the Windows Clean boot. Gallery works fine on my laptop which has not received -495. Gallery and Google Fonts are not accessed with the error message stating it is an Internet access problem. It is, apparently, Xara's ability to access an active Internet. Very frustrating, and a work-stoppage on the desktop.

:{