Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm much more comfortable moving objects around by nudging them with the keyboard -- it restricts my movements to left/right or up/down only. (yes, I know I could always use the mouse in conjunction with the Ctl key) However, I don't know of a way to get objects to snap to guidelines or another object when nudging them. Am I missing something? If the capability is not there, would it be desirable to anyone other than me?

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm much more comfortable moving objects around by nudging them with the keyboard -- it restricts my movements to left/right or up/down only. (yes, I know I could always use the mouse in conjunction with the Ctl key) However, I don't know of a way to get objects to snap to guidelines or another object when nudging them. Am I missing something? If the capability is not there, would it be desirable to anyone other than me?

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

You need to enable Nudge to Guidelines.

(just kidding before you try looking it up)

My guess is that moving a selection with the arrow keys moves the object the specific distance, guides or no guides.

Gary

What Charles and Co. might consider is when using the arrow keys to nudge objects up to set guide lines is maybe when an object meets the guide line there should be a noticable nudge delay and the magnet should pop up as well.

Just an idea! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Personally I like the way nudge command ignores the guides.

But...

...If the normal nudge could be "overridden" somehow and the object snap to the nearest guide using a keyboard combination (eg. TAB+<Arrow Key> )

It would be great if you needed to nudge an object a great distance or when zoomed in at a high factor. Repeated Jump nudges could move the object to the next guideline and so on.

Snapping should only occur in the direction of the arrow key you're pressing.

It's a bit like the tab command in word processing, actually, but with the ability to jump in any of four directions.

The "Nudge-Override[TM]" command, if you will http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

I like the way snap to guides works now. The line is centered on the guide. With nudge, you can adjust the line to the edge of the line, either inner edge or outer edge.
    John/DOT