Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi there,
    Windows XP Prof, DWMX 6.1

I have just downloaded and bought MenuMaker 1.1 and like the software VERY much; it's easy to use and very compattible.

BUT, after the installation as well as the installation of the DW Extension, there is NO Menumaker in the Insert dropdown in DW. I have un-installed and re-installed both a few times without any success whatsoever. MM loads from Start | Programs and works fine.
    I need to have it work from DW as well. I have read the HELP and could not find anything to help me. According to the HELP I should have the Menumaker-button somewhere in the INSERT-dropdown.

What am I doing wrong? When I click on the XARA-button from the dropdown, it says that I did not install some web-thing (cannot see it now because I have un-installed again).

Will someone please help me out here. I have to have a menu built TODAY but cannot do it.

Regards,
    Deon

Hi,

Yes, it should be in the insert Menu... probably under 'Xara' then under 'MenuMaker'.

As MenuMaker is working, but the link isn't there, it's possible that the Dreamweaver extension didn't install properly.

You could try removing just the extension (from add/remove programs). You can then reinstall the extension from here:

http://www.xara.com/downloads/addins.asp

Do remember that you can create a Menu in MenuMaker, and it will supply all the necessary code. You can then put this into your web page. I know it's not as smooth as the insert approach, but if it is urgent and you need it today, at least you can get it done.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Thanx for the reply. I had to un-install DW as well as MenuMaker and then had to re-install both. It's now there in the INSERT dropdown.

My next problem now is that MenuMaker insert BR tags in front and at the end of the menu graphic.

Any suggestions?

Regards again,
    Deon

I have those BR (break) tabs too. If you place the cursor just to the left of the tag and look at the code view, in Dreamweaver, where the cursor is blinking, you can see it is a <div> tag. One of mine looks like this.

<div align="center">
    <script menumaker>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="Graphics/topnav.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="Graphics/topnav.gif" moduleid="Harman (Project)\topnav_off.xws"*/</script>
    </div>

Back in design view, with the cursor one pixel left of the BR tag, hold down the shift key, then tap the right arrow key one time. You will see that the entire menu and the end BR tag are highlighted. In other words this selection (one pixel wide) contains the entire menu. Removing anything, removes it all.

This don't seem right to me but I am still waiting on Xara to answer my email.

support ticket number 37123:12644:0

Please see my other posts for more info about menus and Dreamweaver.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you,

You can choose not to display the BR tags.

In Dreamweaver, press CNTRL+U, this brings up tre preferences page. about half way down the left side find Invisible Items. Uncheck the Line Break box. Done