Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Vectorlicious Bundle: $1,500 Worth of Premium Quality Vectors - only $25

I'd watch for other Mighty Deals.

I got a nice scheduler that's more convenient than Outlook, and a flame brush set for Photoshop, both for less than $12 the other day.

Fonts and clipart are commodities, the market is saturated, thus these incredible deals,. and every once in a while I hear this wistful voice on a forum dreaming of getting rich selling their own clipart.

The Mighty Deals fonts they offer are trash for the most part (go to 1001fonts.com), and the graphics? You can go to All free download.com or whatever, choose your category and download an expert, custom-tailored graphic you might need to decompose from which to learn. No nags, no redirects, and no data collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 vector examples.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	105677

I just clicked abstract backgrounds and did a 2 second search. Does this $25 deal actually have artwork of this quality?

As far as the nicely designed signs and banners in this $25 deal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	free banners.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	105678

There are scores of these in all styles, again, for free, at freepik.com

You get what you pay for, occasionally more, but only occasionally. Mighty Deals and Deal of the Day and all those places will sell you demo copies instead of real versions of stuff, ShovelWare, and will nickel and dime you to death before you realize it because, "Oh, five dollars doesn't seem like that much, not for all this stuff!".

This is a country of conspicuous consumption and vendors know that. Corel made their software bundle irresistible due to quantity, not quality. Does any one remember what was it, version 5 or 6 after they went of a fire sale shopping spree? Ray Dream Designer (now owned by DAZ as Carrera), a presentation program that Mike Cowpland touted as a threat to MS- Powerpoint and MacroMedia Director (two entirely types of programs, but lies work of you say them loud and often enough), and LogoMotion, a fairly decent animation program. These all came in version 5 or 6, and by version 7 they were all gone.

Corel didn't bother to document any of the acquired programs, people were frustrated by them, Corel decided to spontaneously drop the licensing or ownership.

Buy a bag of Doritos on sale for 25¢ sometime. Then compare the snack versus air ratio.

My Best,

Gasry
    Last edited by Gare; 15 January 2015 at 05:44 PM.