Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Residual files from prior site

Hi,
    RE: Designer Pro X10
    I created a new site by renaming an "original" site. The original site contained movies and other big MB files. The new site was only a few pages but I noticed that many elements from the old site had been included in the index files when the new site was exported.

Try as I may I cannot seem to get rid of the "hangers on" files that are irrelevant to the new site.

Any ideas for helping me clean up the exported files??

Default Re: Residual files from prior site

Have a look in the support folder that is alongside your .web/.xar file (see article below), this will contain a copy of all the elements from the original site that is being uploaded (such as PDF, MP3 etc...). delete them from this folder, and then log onto your server using a third-party FTP tool such as Filezilla and delete it from there as well.

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2830

Thanks
    Rob

Is there any way to remove residual files in Xara so that they do not show up after saving and exporting/publishing?

If you've deleted the files from within Xara, the only ones left would be those in the support folder and on your host if you've published already.

You'll have to go through your document manually and delete and links to files.