Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: WD 10 Trial version

Hi guys. First off this post was originally posted in the Xara graphics area which may have lead to some confusion on both parts. I have moved it into the Web chat area. I apologize for it not getting moved much sooner, but we have all probably had busy lives over the last few weeks.
    WD10 premium does in fact have print documents. It doesn't have templates for them in the file>new dropdown but you can set it to create a print document in the options>general tab. I'm not sure about the regular WD10 version that Rikkoshea is using. In any case I think that it's time to move on from this

Rikkoshea: I'm glad to hear that you got the help you needed
    Last edited by angelize; 30 December 2014 at 12:18 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

First off this post was originally posted in the Xara graphics area which may have lead to some confusion on both parts. I have moved it into the Web chat area.
    No confusion, the OP clearly mentioned WD10.

WD10 premium does in fact have print documents.
    Well, let's not split hairs shall we. There are no Print Doc page templates in WD and neither is WD really designed for Print doc types.
    The Xara help file will echo this.
    • Print – Used for documents that are intended for print work. This type is not normally used in Web Designer Premium, but other products in the Designer product range work with print documents.
    A Print document is considered to be to be a standard US Letter or A4 size and measured in CM or IN units. You cannot change unit in WD. I expect this is why exporting to PDF is not available in WD.
    In any case, 'converting' a web doc in WD10 does not produce that error particular message dialogue box when trying to preview even if you chose to convert the Web doc to a print doc in options. Only P&GD does.. WD will let you preview a converted web ro print doc.

All the best on NYE by the way.
    And have a safe 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by rikkoshea View Post
    The error message was specific to using WD10 only and occurred exactly as I described, whether you believe it or not.
    Not a belief, I have all version 10 applications installed for support purposes. WD10 does not produce this error message because it does allow previewing of a converted web doc to Print doc. If you can reproduce that error, can you post a screenshot please?.

Quote Originally Posted by rikkoshea View Post
    My final thought is that you do not need to use derogatory terms such as 'complete rubbish' in trying to constructively help another member. I know you have been asked on other occasions to react more positively, so I can only suggest you think a little first about your style of responses. Cheers, rikko
    I apologize if my 'style' rubs you up the wrong way, it's not intentional I assure you but as I don't know you I can't really modify my posting to make sure you aren't offended.. Sorry.

I guess goodwill to all men is a still a bit too much to ask from all participants.

Thanks guys for the moderation. I must conclude by saying that I certainly did not conjure up that error message!! I had no idea what it meant, never having encountered it before. I appreciate sledger, that we do not 'know' each other, however if you go back far enough, you may just find some similar discussions of ours in the past? But I don't wish to end on a bad note and sincerely wish you and any of our followers of this topic, a happy & prosperous 2015 Rikko