Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
Created water text using the technique Gary posted so then I tried it using a leaf shape to see how it would turn out? Stygg

If I might, Frances, only because stygg is referring to an image that was not in your video, that I sort of winged (American slang: winging it is doing something spontaneously, or without rehearsal).

Stygg, in order for a wet object lying on a flat surface to display specular reflections, it has to by partially curved on its face. Imagine your object viewed from an angle that is 0.0001" from the ground.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lens-no-lens.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	104998

Essentially, a wet something-or-other has surface tension and cohesion so it "wants" to stick together, and as a result, there is a bulge like a lense. Flat objects such as a leaf cannot easily be drawn as though they are fluids because a leaf is flat. You could suggest some transparency and refraction by bending the surface beneath the "glass leaf", but traditionally, before computers, airbrush artists used to excel at drawing juicy, specular things because there is a gradual falloff of light, the artist understands how light reacts to smooth, semi-transparent objects, and knows that highlights tend to be crisp.

It might help to go back and take a glance at the tute I did on plastic versus chrome. At very least, it would give me one more hit on YouTube,

Gary