Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a treestructure for my navbar in wd 10 premium ?

Is there a treestructure for my navbar in wd 10 premium ?
    I had a short affair with WD 9, but we separated when i found out that a treestructure for my navigation bar was not possible. Has WD 10 premium matured, or do i have to go on without her.

Default Re: Is there a treestructure for my navbar in wd 10 premium ?

I am sorry to say your solo journey will continue. No tree structure in WD 10 either.

I must be missing something in translation but the NavBars all have a tree structure.
    What Xara applications don't have is a site tree structure.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the answers. Yes the nav.bar has some kind of treestructure, but how ugly the subbuttons are, and not editable. And I would like to drag and drop my pages too, to make new configurations, also not possible.
    But i give her a try. All relations, even with programs, need a give-and-and take attitude.

Try giving your Nav Bar a tiny bit of transparency. If there's an image behind, it can add a nice effect to the Nav Bar. It's what I've done. I don't use 'template' designs but, like you are saying, the Nav Bar isn't so editable. But there is scope to bring it together with your design with colour, font and, as I say, transparency.

I also use the lines between the menu options and an outline around the menu. But it is not the prettiest solution.

I prefer building drop down menus using layers (here's an example http://www.gwpriester.com/menu-test/) It is a lot more work, but if something is worth doing, then it is worth doing right. No?

very constructive answers again, thanks. They encourage me in my quest. which is not over. I'll refrase it,
    How do you guys organise your page structure for instance for a new and complex website.
    This website has , say 10 buttons on the navbar, and each of these connecting pages have say 5 subbuttons on that navbar, and each of these subpages have again say 3 subsub pages. In total 150 pages.
    In WD 9 I find this impossible to realise. The page and layer galery show me all 150 pages in a straight line (...), and then in the navbar properties i have to place these pages one by one in the right place. Having done this, they can only be made visible again by clicking on each + symbol of the each parent page. So after clicking 10x 5 times , finally, there is my treestructure. (which completely disappears when I close that window). Frustrating.
    Is there no other way?

I agree. NetObjects Fusion has a tree structure and I still use it occasionally for large website for exactly the reasons you state.

It is easier to move pages and organize the site. Xara would be well off to implement something that is similar.